* with previous Reservation of date and time
Take a walk through the mysterious Pena Park (ticket included), with an astonishing variety of plants and trees and discover secret caves and trails. The park was planted with the help of a German Engineer, a specialist in botany. Go to the Queen´s Throne for an amazing view. Queen Maria II loved this spot because of the fantastic views she had from the Palace, the mountain and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Feel like royalty as you enter the romantic Pena National Palace (ticket included) at the top of the Sintra Mountain (this mountain became a location of cult and adoration), with amazing views of the Moorish castle. This palace was built by Fernando II, a romantic king, an artistic king, an intellectual. He was a german prince who married Maria II.
- Do not miss The Great Triton – guardiian of the palace - Inspired in Manueline art and mythology. Have a great view from the Terrace of the Arches.
- Learn more about the beginnings of Sintra, the first inhabitants and the origin of the name of Sintra.
- Inside the palace do not miss: Bedrooms of the King and Queen, the Chapel of Saint Jerome, Saxes room, the Arab room, the Green room, the Queens Terrace, the Indian room, the Nobles room, the Deer’ room and, at the end, the Kitchen.
Free time in Sintra - do not miss the opportunity to taste the delicious pastries from this village: Travesseiro and Queijada. You still have some time to visit the National Palace (ticket not included) – In the 15th and 16th centuries this was the place where the Portuguese court spent their summer months.
Enjoy a fabulous photo opportunity at the Roca Cape cliffs – The westernmost point of Europe - ’where the earth ends and the sea begins…’’ – Luíz Vaz de Camões.
Catch a view of the strong waves at the fashionable Guincho beach, fashionable beach all year around, and a paradise for surfers, windsurfers and kite-surfers.
Take a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast passing the Boca do Inferno (Hell’s mouth).
Have free time for lunch and to admire the glamorous town of Cascais, the first Tourism region in Portugal
In the beginning of the 20th century, this was where the first summer holiday houses, grand hotels, the first casino, and restaurants, all for the very rich social classes were built. Cascais and Estoril were the first summer holiday areas of Portugal, either for Portuguese or foreigners.
Drive along the coast to Lisbon passing the town of Estoril and its Casino.
- Every Day
- Pick up – 8h00 - In front of Hard Rock Café
- Included: Pena Palace and Pena Park entrance. Lunch not included.
* Please Insert date and times for your Tour on the Special Instructions for seller